No matter how much we want things to stay the same, life is all about change. Sometimes change is for the better, and sometimes its not.
But no matter why things are changing, we need to be able to let go and move on. Whether it’s the death of a loved one, a painful breakup, a business failure, or a treacherous betrayal, holding onto pass pain and resentment will only hold you back.
Here are some moving forward quotes and letting go to help you take your eyes off the rearview mirror and onto the road in front of you.
Moving forward quotes
- The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward.
- Sometimes life knocks you on your ass… get up, get up, get up!!! Happiness is not the absence of problems, it’s the ability to deal with them
- Study the past if you would define the future.
- Go back?” he thought. “No good at all! Go sideways? Impossible! Go forward? Only thing to do! On we go!” So up he got, and trotted along with his little sword held in front of him and one hand feeling the wall, and his heart all of a patter and a pitter.
- My heart might be bruised, but it will recover and become capable of seeing beauty of life once more. It’s happened before, it will happen again, I’m sure. When someone leaves, it’s because someone else is about to arrive–I’ll find love again
- It is always important to know when something has reached its end. Closing circles, shutting doors, finishing chapters, it doesn’t matter what we call it; what matters is to leave in the past those moments in life that are over.
- The only thing a person can ever really do is keep moving forward. Take that big leap forward without hesitation, without once looking back. Simply forget the past and forge toward the future
- She understands now what she, in all her worry, had forgotten. That even as she hesitates and wavers, even as she thinks too much and moves too cautiously, she doesn’t always have to get it right. It’s okay to look back, even as you move forward.
- Because if you take a risk, you just might find what you’re looking for
- My father taught me that you can you read a hundred books on wisdom and write a hundred books on wisdom, but unless you apply what you learned then its only words on a page. Life is not lived with intentions, but action
- If a castle gets destroyed, you just build a new one. If you wanted me to I’d build them over and over. Let’s build them together
- Rehashing the past wouldn’t change anything. Time to move forward
- Even a rock moves on
- No one can save me except myself
- Because my life isn’t going to wait around while I figure out how to make it work
- I thought following a straight road would lead me right to my destination. Like the road would just take me there because I was following all the rules. And if the road curved, I couldn’t be sure about where I was going. But look where it got me. Maybe it’s time for a detour.
- As my Popo used to say, life is a tapestry we weave day by day with threads of different colors, some heavy and dark, others thin and bright, all the threads having their uses. The stupid things I did are already in the tapestry, indelible, but I’m not going to be weighed down by them till I die. What’s done is done; I have to look ahead
- I have to get my life back on track. Order as an antidote to chaos. Calm after the storm
- Questions from earlier circle like buzzards. Am I running away or moving forward
- If things had been different, she would be in Carolyn’s place right now. She didn’t want that sort of existence, but there was something so attractive about the security of feeling like you had stopped moving toward your life, and actually arrived
- What you do with your heartbreak is yours, never feel the need to explain to people why things ended the way it did; it’s not for the world to own
- With God as my witness and love as my guide, I did all the best that I could. I’m sorry I wasn’t everything you ever wanted. I’m sorry I wasn’t enough. If I could only reach the sun and the stars, I would have picked one for you in a heartbeat
- There was nothing to do but keep moving forward and make the moments count
- I tried so hard to find life within myself, to live for something great—something that would make life worth living
- I think that you never fall out of love with somebody, you just let go and move on.
- Nothing in the universe can stop you from letting go and starting over.
- The most difficult aspect of moving on is accepting that the other person already did.
- When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. When I let go of what I have, I receive what I need.
- Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.
- Let go. Why do you cling to pain? There is nothing you can do about the wrongs of yesterday. It is not yours to judge. Why hold on to the very thing which keeps you from hope and love?
- I just wanted to tell you that I understand if you go. It’s okay if you have to leave us. It’s okay if you want to stop fighting.
- If you didn’t love him, this never would have happened. But you did. And accepting that love and everything that followed it is part of letting it go.
Source : http://www.goodreads.com/
You may want to watch video here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wybcDa3Sh0M